For those of you that have enjoyed the realistic eye drawing tutorial but still want more, here is some! 😉
Some general tips when drawing an eye that are recommended to follow:
1) First of all study the components of an eye, not only eyelashes, lids, etc, but also which light glares and shadows compose a common eye. Usually the number of light glares reflected in the pupil are relationed to the number of light sources in the scene
2) Let’s draw with some basic tips!
- a) Start by drawing the basic shape of the eye. It’s most important to get the right proportions as that is what the defines a good or bad looking eye.
- b) Draw the eyelids using a thicker line for the upper eyelids a thiner line for the lower eyelids.
- c) Add some light glares in the pupils.
- d) Draw the pupil and dark shadow in the upper part of the iris.
- e) Draw a thin wrinkle over the upper eyelid and the draw the eyelashes.
- f) You can then remove all pencil lines with an eraser and ink the final version with a thin marker. If you are planning in coloring the eye, you can tone the iris, but always keep the light glares in white!!!
- g) I recommend you always draw the light glares first, as suggested, because if not you may forget about them after shading the pupil (too late! 🙂 )
Now we’ll see some examples of our colleges!
Manga Style 1:
Realistic Style 1:
Realistic Style 2:
I hope you enjoyed the tutorial and the videos!!! 😉